This post is meant as an idea guide for clients willing to sign with Life Educare
Q.1 If I am signing an agreement today, when can the school be operational?
The most crucial actions required to be undertaken for starting a school are:
- a) Formation & Registration of a Trust / Society
- b) Acquisition of Land
- c) Construction of the School Building
Therefore, time required to make any school to be consulted by Life Educare will entirely depend on the speed with which above jobs are executed by the Trust. If all the actions mentioned above are well coordinated, it should be possible to make a school operational in about 12 Months.
Q.2 What will be the time frame to start the school, after signing the agreement?
The Time Frame for completion of three crucial actions essential for starting a school will primarily depend upon the initiative, action orientation and level of involvement of the Trust. However, average time frame for completion of these activities are as given Life Educare managed schools:
Ideally a time period of 45-50 weeks is required to start a school from thought to finish.
Q.3 What are the different pre-requisites required for taking-up the project for the school?
Any individual or a group of individuals willing to start School should undertake the following procedures / formalities:
- Be in possession or agreeing to acquire minimum 1.5 Acres land in non-metro and 0.75-Acre land in metro locations. Though, the actual land required may be more.
- Should have formed or agreeable to form a Trust / Society under Indian Trust Act-1882 / Bombay Public Trust Act-1950 or Societies Registration Act-1860 or a section 8 company.. The trust should be of non-proprietary character.
- Should have proof of adequate financial resources to guarantee commencement of the school project within a reasonable time frame.
- Should have passion for service to the society.
Q.4 How can a Trust minimize the time for starting of the school project?
Considering that a normal time frame for starting a full-fledged school is 12 months. The New academic session for all CBSE affiliated schools commences on 01 April every year. Accordingly the project has to be started. In case of delay in commencement, Life Educare Team can help speed up the process by using its Partner Network. For example, the architects we work with can help design the campus with reduced time frame and yet deliver quality.
Q.5 Can a Trust / Society already formed / registered start the school in a temporary hired building?
Legally it’s possible, however the lease should be for minimum 33 years, else CBSE permission will not be granted, however Life Educare does not work on such projects.